No Running or Hot Water

Can I Claim for No Running or Hot Water?

Your landlord is responsible for ensuring your rented accommodation is comfortable and habitable. An extended period without running or hot water can significantly disrupt your daily life and may warrant filing a Housing Disrepair Claim. Contacting us should be your first step if you're considering this course of action.

Preparing to File a Claim

Before proceeding with a claim against your landlord for no running or hot water, it's essential to verify that you meet the following criteria:

  1. Rent and Financial Obligations: Ensure you are current with all rent payments and other financial obligations as a tenant.
  2. Tenancy Type: Rent your property from a housing association or the local council.
  3. Landlord Responsibility: Confirm that your landlord is responsible for providing running water and maintaining the heating system in your property.
  4. Reporting the Issue: Have formally notified your landlord about the lack of running or hot water in your home.
  5. Timely Repairs: Despite notification, your landlord has failed to rectify the issue within a reasonable timeframe.

Meeting these requirements strengthens your case for filing a claim. Even if you're uncertain whether you qualify, our experts can assess your situation and advise on the best course of action.

Steps to File Your Claim

If you decide to proceed with a claim for no running or hot water, Housing Disrepair Barking can assist you through the following steps:

Step 1: Contact Us

Initiating contact is crucial. You can contact us via phone or by filling out an online form with details about your claim. During this initial consultation, our partner law firm will gather information about your circumstances to evaluate the viability of your claim. Our consultation is free, and no obligation is attached to this initial review.

Step 2: Building Your Case

Once our partner law firm determines that you have a valid claim, our team of housing disrepair specialists will begin compiling evidence and documentation to support your case. This includes:

  • Evidence Collection: Gathering relevant information such as correspondence with your landlord, photographs of the issue, and any reports from professionals assessing the situation.
  • Document Preparation: Our experts will complete all necessary paperwork accurately and efficiently. This includes filing the claim and serving notice to your landlord and other relevant parties.
  • Negotiation and Representation: Should negotiations with your landlord be necessary or if the claim progresses to court, our network of solicitors will advocate on your behalf to achieve a favourable outcome.

Step 3: Success

At Housing Disrepair Guy, our partner law firm is committed to securing the compensation you deserve. With our extensive experience and high success rate, you can trust us to diligently handle all aspects of your claim. Our partner law firm keep you informed throughout the process, providing updates on the progress of your claim until compensation is awarded.

Ensuring Your Rights and Confidentiality

Rest assured, all details of your case remain confidential. Our partner law firm adheres strictly to UK data protection regulations, ensuring your information is handled with the utmost care and used solely to advance your claim.

Fighting for Your Best Interests

Choosing Housing Disrepair Guy means having dedicated professionals on your side, advocating for your rights as a tenant. Our partner law firm strive to achieve the best possible outcome for you, ensuring your living conditions are restored promptly and fairly compensated for any inconvenience caused.


Facing the challenge of no running or hot water in your rented property is stressful. Taking proactive steps to address these issues through a compensation claim is essential to safeguard your rights and well-being. Contact Housing Disrepair Guy today to discuss your situation and initiate the process of filing your claim. Let us support you in seeking justice and securing the compensation you rightfully deserve as a tenant.